Bridge Mode should be used if there is an existing device that is already handling DHCP/NAT on your network. Plume Pods are shipped in Auto Mode by default and if it detects an existing router handling DHCP/NAT, it will self-configure into (Auto) Bridge. If no DHCP is detected, Plume will switch to (Auto) Router Mode.
IMPORTANT - When Plume is set in Router Only Mode, your hardwired pod acts as a router and DHCP server. Multiple DHCP servers on the same network can cause duplicate IP assignments, leading to network instability and other issues.
Follow these steps to switch Plume back to Auto (Bridge), if the networking mode was set to Router Only.
- From the home screen tap the Ξ button on the to-left to access the Settings page.
- Tap Advanced Settings towards the bottom of the page.
- Network Mode will display Plume's current mode, tap here to change.
- Tap Auto Mode and then OK on the pop-up screen.
- A prompt will tell you that Plume is restarting. It may take up to 90 seconds for your network to come back up.