Setting up your WorkPass network is easy and only takes a few minutes. The WorkPass app will guide you along the way, although the initial setup process can be broken down into parts.
- Creating your WorkPass account and Location
- Connecting the first SuperPod to your network or modem
- Set up the Secure, Employee, and Guest zones (SSIDs)
- Connecting the remaining SuperPods to distribute the Wi-Fi through your business
- Turn off the old Wi-Fi
Creating your WorkPass account and location
- Download and open the WorkPass app
- Tap on Set up Plume.
- Review and accept the terms and conditions.
- Enter your Full Name and the Location Name of your business.
- Enter your Email and Password (optional).
- If you already have Plume HomePass at home, you will need to use a different email for your WorkPass account.
- You can use the Magic Link instead of a password. Instead of a password, this sends a link to your email every time you need to log back into the WorkPass app.
- Tap on Next. A verification email will be sent or a Magic link will be sent.
- Open the email and tap on the Verify Email and then Open Plume App.
Connecting the first SuperPod to your network or modem
The next 3 steps will be presented to you in order, although depending on your specific network setup and equipment can be a bit different.
- Plug a SuperPod into your modem, ONT, or Router using the included Ethernet cable.
- This SuperPod will be the gateway pod of your Plume network.
- When available, a SuperPod AX should be used as the gateway pod and its left Ethernet port should be used. This port is marked with a globe and supports up to a 2.5 Gb WAN connection.
- Plug the SuperPod into an outlet. The LED should start to slowly pulse as it finds its connection to the Plume cloud.
- Restart the modem.
- If you are connecting the SuperPod directly to a modem, you will have to disconnect it from power for at least 30 seconds and then power it back up to ensure the SuperPod receives an IP address.
- This is not usually necessary if you are plugging into a router or modem/router combination device.
Set up your Wi-Fi zones (SSIDs)
- Enter the Secure Wi-Fi Name and Password.
- This will be used for anything you want to keep separate from the rest of the network like security cameras, point of sale systems, and file servers.
- Enter the Employee Wi-Fi Name and Password.
- This will be used for you and your employees' devices.
- Enter the Guest Wi-Fi name.
- This SSID is for your guest and only has Internet access.
- You also have the ability to Limit Internet speed for your guest.
- The Guest portal will have to be created after the initial setup.
Connect all remaining SuperPods
- Place the remaining pods throughout your workspace.
- SuperPods should be placed no more than 30-40 feet apart.
- Avoid placing the SuperPods in areas where they can be easily accessed by your guests,
- As each SuperPod is plugged into an outlet, the LED will slowly pulse while it finds its connection.
- Keep close to each SuperPod until the WorkPass app confirms it has been found.
- Once successfully connected, the LED will turn off.
- Tap on All Done once all pods are plugged in.
- The pods will download and install any available firmware updates and then reboot. Tap on Next to continue.
- You will be prompted to join the network.
Turn off your old Wi-Fi
You should always turn off your old Wi-Fi to ensure the best performance. If the old SSID name and password from the old Wi-Fi were used for either the Secure or Employee zones, the devices should connect automatically as soon as the old Wi-Fi is turned off.
Now that the initial setup is complete, you can start configuring the additional WorkPass features: